Former HNIC Announcer Bob Cole has passed

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

We lost that series 0-4. Do I remember this right: LaFontain was hurt, Muckler played Grant Furh instead of the unknown Hasek, Mogilney broke his leg in game four and the Candiens won several of the games--maybe 3?--in OT. They then won the cup. 

Yep.

I think every game was 4-3

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

We lost that series 0-4. Do I remember this right: LaFontain was hurt, Muckler played Grant Furh instead of the unknown Hasek, Mogilney broke his leg in game four and the Candiens won several of the games--maybe 3?--in OT. They then won the cup. 

I remember going nuts during Game 4 when Yuri K popped one in with a couple seconds left.  We refused to go silently, even though the team had every excuse.  I miss those days.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

17 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

That was 30+ years ago and the last time The Habs won the cup.

A few years later they cursed themselves, possibly forever, when they traded Patrick to his home town Nordique.  The Habs just know not to do that.  Ever.

I know, the Nords were located in Colorado at the time - makes no difference to the curse.

• Like (+1) 1