Do we have a single prospect that will be any good next year?

JoeSchmoe

On 3/26/2024 at 3:01 PM, tom webster said:

Maybe I worded it wrong but what I meant is that most people in general have grown up believing unprovable facts are absolute because that’s the way it’s always been. I allow for the possibility you are right, I just doubt anything that is regarded “as the only way.”
Also, for the record, this has nothing to do with life in the Sabre bubble, quite the opposite in fact. In a perfect world, they agree with you.

Lastly, at 64, I don’t take anything personal and I don’t mean anything personal. I enjoy that back and forth. Sorry if I offended you.

Also at 64, I feel the same way so since we can't buy each other a round you have a beer on me tonight and I will have one on you.

To wrap this up, I don't think there's only one way, and there are exceptions, but in general I think the Sabres are rushing young players and I think it hurts their development rather than helping it. 

Having said that though, I'm not sure Rochester is the kind of teaching ground it should be. It seems like a team that is designed to mirror the Sabres style (or desired style) rather than teaching players to fix their major deficiencies or weaknesses. We have so many skilled offensive guys we should be playing shutdown hockey down there so they can play 2 way when they get to Buffalo.