Team 1200

Monkeygirl

Just listening to a bit of what they're talking about.

They're saying they've gone through this too many times and that they're not saying it's over but you have to win 4 out of 5 against Buffalo and they're a great hockey team.

Keep laying on the body since Connolly, Kalinin, Gaustad, Griere, and Drury got banged up and Ottawa is a bigger, more physical team....

BRING IT ON.

www.team1200.com

It's official:

Alfreddson is suffering from...a fear of failure.

And apparently, they think we people in Buffalo talk like New Yorkers.

But they are delightful and so polite.

Good job Tom from Buffalo for calling in, whoever you are.

I love listening to the "evil" radio.

:)

I've been tuning in for a little while now and I'm still waiting for them to put the blame squarely on Emery. They are calling Alfredsson soft (which he is), and how they need to out work the Sabres.

I got a news flash for them. They aren't going to out work the Sabres because that is what Buffalo does. They hustle, attack, and out work their opponents.

I've been tuning in for a little while now and I'm still waiting for them to put the blame squarely on Emery. They are calling Alfredsson soft (which he is), and how they need to out work the Sabres.

I got a news flash for them. They aren't going to out work the Sabres because that is what Buffalo does. They hustle, attack, and out work their opponents.

I'm not sure how long you listened, but right near the end of the show (noon) a caller started his opinion with something along the lines of: "Guys, the Senators are CLEARLY the better team..." Both of the hosts quickly agreed.

Boy, I hope Ottawa shares that sentiment. The overall tone everywhere except Buffalo seems to be that the Sens just need to keep playing the way they are playing, and everything will be fine.

Really?

As was pointed out by jad1, these two wins are as much about Lindy's gameplan then they are about "luck," or goaltending, or defensmen (and defensebeast). The Sabres are simply counter punching the Sens, and it's working big time.

It's possible to win a battle without ever advancing on the enemy, and if Ottawa is complacent with getting 44 shots on goal - no matter what the quality or repercussions - then they will most likely continue to lose.

As was pointed out by jad1, these two wins are as much about Lindy's gameplan then they are about "luck," or goaltending, or defensmen (and defensebeast). The Sabres are simply counter punching the Sens, and it's working big time.

Lindy does seem to have a specific intent with Ottawa's D handling the puck. Obviously, they saw something with their D they thought they could exploit and it seems to be working. Throw in Emery's penchant for getting WAY out of position and Buffalo's gameplan is working just fine.

Afternoon caller: "The Sens are still the best team left in the playoffs."

Announcer: "I dunno about that...They're still one of the top teams in the East and they should move on, but there are some really good teams out West - Don't kid yourselves."

Are they serious?

Afternoon caller: "The Sens are still the best team left in the playoffs."

Announcer: "I dunno about that...They're still one of the top teams in the East and they should move on, but there are some really good teams out West - Don't kid yourselves."

Are they serious?

They must be trying to give their fans false hope or something to hold onto. "They should move on"? I'm not saying they won't move on (Don't want to piss off the hockey gods), but to actually say "they should move on" is unbelievably optimistic.

And then his comment about the West. I actually believe whoever comes out of the East is going to take it all.

The Team 1200 is only good to listen to if you catch the right broadcasters. A few of the guys are Sens homers to the extent that i can't even stand listening.

Fair enough...We have some of those types, too. I expected the station to concentrate on the positives for Ottawa. I would do the same thing. But to make the comment he made seems too completely disrespect the Sabres.

It really surprised me. Radio is a tough gig, though.

Archived