Havlat

topshelfcookies

...would be a fantastic addition to the Sabres. Other than nabbing one of their top defensemen, Havlatt and Spezza are the only guys on the Sens that I'd love to see in a Sabre uniform next season.

Of course I have no idea what any of their contract status' is.

Havlat reminds me of a young Jagr (maybe it's the hair :lol: ). I'm not so sure I'd want Spezza. He is ultra-talented, but where the F#@*% was he last night. Rayzor was right on with his post game comments. He stated that you barely heard his name along with heatley, and thinking back, he was right. They were invisible last night.

Havlat reminds me of a young Jagr (maybe it's the hair :lol: ). I'm not so sure I'd want Spezza. He is ultra-talented, but where the F#@*% was he last night. Rayzor was right on with his post game comments. He stated that you barely heard his name along with heatley, and thinking back, he was right. They were invisible last night.

Alfredsson really struggled, as well. Even Don Cherry called him out in the 1st int. Coaches Corner...said he looked disinterested and showed some highlights (lowlights?) of his play in the first period - after he pointed it out, I noticed at least two, maybe three times that Alfredsson wasn't paying attention and missed the puck or gave up on the play and it cost them an odd-man rush or chance to maintain pressure.

Alfredsson really struggled, as well. Even Don Cherry called him out in the 1st int. Coaches Corner...said he looked disinterested and showed some highlights (lowlights?) of his play in the first period - after he pointed it out, I noticed at least two, maybe three times that Alfredsson wasn't paying attention and missed the puck or gave up on the play and it cost them an odd-man rush or chance to maintain pressure.

Quite frankly, I think a lot of the Sens post season problems over the years has been players like Alfredsson and in the past Yashin. Guys with crazy skills but questionable heart. Heatley and Spezza aren't showing much either. When Neil, Kelly and Eaves are the most memorable players from the game, you probably aren't going to win.

This was the main sentiment echoed over at the Senators boards, as well. A guy that is brilliant during the regular season, but seems to lack the same passion in the playoffs. He must be a graduate of the Barry Bonds school of motivation.

Archived