Annual expectations thread 2023/24: #24 Dylan Cozens

dudacek

Annual expectations thread 2023/24: #24 Dylan Cozens  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these best reflects your expectations for Dylan Cozens this year?

• A bit of a backslide in production while he concentrates on his defensive game
    • Similar numbers offensively with better results defensively
    • All around improvement as he takes a step to becoming an NHL star

18 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Some of the team is going to regress from last year’s career high personal stats and Cozey is a likely one for this to happen.  38 points the season before to 68 points last season—with no pressure to produce.  

A lot is different and he’s still super young.  I would love to have Cozey’s baseline to be 31G, 37A, 68 pts, but that’s probably closer to his ceiling than his floor with his toolset (at this point in his career).  He has plenty of time and room to grow that ceiling tho!

It’s a good point. Development is rarely linear like we saw with say, an Eichel or even Reinhart: usually it looks more like Dahlin or Casey

7 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Agree he looks "off", but I am wondering if he also had a slow start last season?  My failing memory seems to think I had some worries about him early last season as well, but that he then later certainly got his act together.  Anybody have his stats for his first half vs. second half of the season in 22-23?

14g, 26a, 40p in Sabres first 41

17g, 11a, 28p in Sabres second 41

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.