Someone needs to take Larry Felser's computer away.

deluca67

I know he's old and we should take what he says with a grain of salt but he is getting ridiculas.

It's May 7th and he's writing about how the Flyers are getting more pub then the Sabres? Come on Larry. I know it's popular for the local media types to rag on the national guys. Hell, if I have to listen to one more jealous rant on WGR about Mel Kiper my head will explode.

Someone needs to tell Larry, slowly so he understands, that the Sabres have been the talk of the NHL for a while now. The Sabres have become the chic underdog pick. From ESPN, OLN and NBC I've heard nothing but praise.

This "we get no respect because no one picks us to win the Cup" attitude is wearing thin. It doesn't mean that the media thinks Buffalo sucks because they don't think Buffalo will win the Cup. The Sabres youth (especialy in goal) prevents them from making that pick.

To write an article saying the National Media is not talking about the Sabres (and then trying to tie in the Bills which is just plain stupid) is embarrassing. This from the same guy who writes that the NFL is out to get Buffalo

by scheduling home games late in the season? What's next. The NHL planted Dora in the Sens arena to throw off the Sabres? That patch of 'wet ice' was meant for the Sabres and backfired?

The Sabres are better then all of that. I wish the paranoid local media (and some fans) would step up like the Sabres have and be above all that.

Peace ;)

I'm not a fan of Jim Rome, but I've heard it enough to know he salutes the call of the day at the end of each show by ringing four bells -- boxing bells I think -- after replaying the call.

After that post, I salute DeLuca...

DING DING DING DING

You nailed it. I said the same thing this morning. Felser is a fool. Stay away from the pucks, Larry, especially the ones that have been striking you in the head lately. I also thought it was hilarious that he thinks only those who have been a professional scout have any right to criticize a team's draft selections. Felser has made a nice living criticizing Bills drafts for decades! Maybe he thinks he's a professional scout. Oh yeah, this is the guy who constantly takes shot at "the fans on the Internet." He and others in the mainstream media perhaps hear the footsteps -- fans have joined together online to, in many cases, cover the team better than the "real" media does!

I completely agree, the first place I go to get news about both the sabres and the Bills is the message boards. Message boards are often faster and more accurate than traditional sport news outlets.

Faster, sure... but more accurate? :blink:

Archived