anyone watching the jersey game

bruceleeroy

The laws of physics finally caught up with Jersey today. The 1st and 2nd goals were completely lucky, one bouncing off Langenbrunner's skate (or maybe his stick) and the 2nd bouncing in off the heel of Brouder's goalie stick.

For the last 40 days, those types of breaks have been going against Jersey, and I for one am glad to see Carolina handing it to them. I don't want to sound like the only reason NJ won 15 in a row was because they were lucky...when you're playing well, the hockey gods smile on you, but NJ HAS been fortunate as of late.

As much as I hate NJ, and hate the prospect of playing them, there's no way Carolina sweeps them. The Canes can take this series if Cam Ward keeps playing well, but I think it will still go at least 6 games. Carolina looks impressive today though...their forwards are doing a great job on the forecheck and their getting some good persistent pressure in the NJ zone. NJ's "D" looks a lot slower compared to how well Ottawa's "D" was skating last night. Of course, Carolina also has 3 PPG's so far, which helps.

Archived