Who’s Next to Re-sign and how long and for how much?

GASabresIUFAN

11 hours ago, elijah said:

I keep seeing Power estimates around $8M-$9M, doesn’t that seem a touch inflated? Genuinely asking, I’m foreign too and still learning the ELC/bridge/long term contract world 

Also, has Mitts moved himself from whipping boy to extend early this off-season in hopes of a bargain deal before he continues to build his game next year? 

Hard to know Power's value at this point, but it is considerable.  Power is 25th in the NHL for TOI/GP as a rookie in the NHL.  In the same range as established stars Werenski, Ekblad and Morrissey.  His 19 points is tied for 55th.  His +12 is tied for 31st.  By most common measures he is a top pairing D already at 20.  So what is he worth already?  Hard to know, but KA extended Samuelsson with on 40 games of NHL experience.  

If I were Power's agent, I'd sign a 3 year bridge deal and then when his client is 24, go and get the long-term big money deal.  

I'm a Mitts fan, but I honestly don't see him getting a long-term deal unless he blossoms into a 70 pt player next season.  My guess is KA will be patient and see how next year goes and see how Kulich, Rosen and Savoie progress before deciding on how to proceed with Mitts (& VO for that matter).  I think KA would rather pay his guys (Quinn and JJP) vs paying Mitts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.