Thank you Sabres

dudacek

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Lot of words in that opening post.

At first blush I don’t regret any. Never thought we were going to get through the year without a slump or a few stinkers.

Still looks very much like a team on its way up to me.

The 32 “likes” must be a board record. More Stanley cup emojis earned there than my entire time here, I think. I don’t see why you’d ever regret any of it. 

However only the 5 “beer” emojis were presented by way of guaranteed contract, the other 27 are subject to restructuring or they can be cut, outright. 

Based on the future performance of the team 

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

At first blush I don’t regret any. Never thought we were going to get through the year without a slump or a few stinkers.

Most people know me for my positive assessment of this team and the upward trajectory of this franchise. This team with its current roster has demonstrated that it is capable of beating the upper tier teams. What has aggravated me the most is its proclivity of losing to lower ranked teams (as you have noted in a prior post), as demonstrated by yesterday's Chicago game and stinkers on its recent homestand. 

It isn't a surprise that a youth laden team has a tendency to be inconsistent. But I believe that although this roster clearly has growth potential, there is nothing wrong with reacting critically when this team inexplicably has lapses that set this team back vying for a playoff position. 

Overall, I'm still upbeat about this team and season. However, there are still too many games where the players seem unfocused and lack urgency to compete. When you have a team with less margin of error than many other teams, those repeated lapses deserved to be harshly derided. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I do not disagree with your overall premise or your passion for the team. 

This is a team, to me, that even if they made the playoffs by some incredible turn of events, would get tossed in the first round anyway. 

They have been so bad for so long that I guess even a moderate improvement is enough to have people think what your original post states. Which is fine, I suppose. 

I would like to see them make the playoffs before I get fired up again. They have a long way to go, but yes, there are a few bright spots. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.