Is it time to give Anderson more games?

matter2003

Just now, Pimlach said:

Despise?  Wow.  

Some folks here have suggested that UPL looked better on his last call-up to Buffalo last year, than he did in Rochester.  Is that what causes your reaction?   

Yes. I’ve watched him now for years in Rochester. This is a goalie with a sub .900 save percentage in the AHL. He’s been far below league average every year. 

I don’t like the way he plays. He’s big, so he mainly just gets in the way of pucks. To me he seems slow and awkward in net. 

One area of concern is that he seems to have poor vision or something. And I think Biron has alluded to this previously, but he has trouble tracking long shots. He’ll just miss pucks that have been shot towards him from long distances without a screen, and it’s like he just can’t see the puck well.

I just don’t see a good goalie, I see a big body that just hopes to get in the way of the puck. Forget about it if you get him moving side to side. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.