I still can't get over...

envirojeff

Not to defend the Flyers, but the game and the series were over by then. I don't think anyone can say the Flyers quit in this series.

Not to be picky... but that is exactly what you are saying. If they stopped playing before the actual final whistle blowed... then they did quit. That's the very essence of quitting. ;)

Doesn't really matter either way... it was hilarious to see Grier still playing his heart out while the Cryers were just going to through the motions watching the scoreboard countdown.

Not to be picky... but that is exactly what you are saying. If they stopped playing before the actual final whistle blowed... then they did quit. That's the very essence of quitting. ;)

Doesn't really matter either way... it was hilarious to see Grier still playing his heart out while the Cryers were just going to through the motions watching the scoreboard countdown.

I think they learned a valuable lesson about letting up before it is truly over in this last series. Hopefully they get an opportunity to show they learned it in the next one! B-)

Not to defend the Flyers, but the game and the series were over by then. I don't think anyone can say the Flyers quit in this series.

I know what you mean. I don't think they quit as much as they gave everthing they had in the first 9 minutes of game six and when Buffalo weather the storm and started scoring they knew it was pointless. It was like the Flyers kicked it down a notch and the Sabres went for the kill. ;)

Archived