NHL reply to complaint...

phSabres84

Here is the text of a reply I received from the NHL regarding TSN's conduct during Game #2. Take it for what it is worth...

Thank you for your email.

NHL Center Ice took the TSN feed of the Buffalo-Philadelphia game. Unfortunately, when the score of that game got out of hand, TSN decided to switch to Devils-Rangers. We were unaware and unable to switch feeds quickly. In the future, we will be taking feeds from the local RSNs instead of the national networks to avoid this problem.

Thanks.

P.S. I have not received a reply from TSN to date, and DirecTV's is as stupid as they are...

Actually, I'm impressed that they acted as quickly as they did (and that they responded to your email with a definitve answer). Not defending them but I spent a good 20+ minutes on the phone with DirecTV until the problem finally got corrected during the 3rd. Now the league is saying that they've taken steps to avoid the same from happening again and that's starting tonight.

Bottom line: they made a mistake, corrected it as soon as they could and have taken steps to prevent a recurrence.

A little different than the usual NHL way of doing things.

Actually, I'm impressed that they acted as quickly as they did (and that they responded to your email with a definitve answer). Not defending them but I spent a good 20+ minutes on the phone with DirecTV until the problem finally got corrected during the 3rd. Now the league is saying that they've taken steps to avoid the same from happening again and that's starting tonight.

Bottom line: they made a mistake, corrected it as soon as they could and have taken steps to prevent a recurrence.

A little different than the usual NHL way of doing things.

That's the right way to look at it. No company is going to set up a direct line to the employee with his finger on the button.

Archived