Clarke running his mouth about Leafs

puma2577

Clarke's dropping f-bombs Hitchcock-style about poor old Pat Quinn being fired. Both of these teams are built on old, big, slow veterans that play a hook 'em, hold 'em style of hockey. The Leafs are golfing, the Flyers should be joining them soon. When are these "idiots" going to realize that the game has changed and adapt their teams. I think Toronto has a good group of young kids in Stajan, Wellwood, Colaiacovo, Kaberle, and Steen. I know they have some goalie prospects in the pipeline, like Pogge. This is what the core of that team should be. As for Philly's future core, other than Gagne...

I can't help laughing at the fact that on the first day or two of FA, the Flyers picked up three old, slow 6'4'' D-man (Hatcher, Rathje, Therrien). That was great planning.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=163915&hubName=nhl

It's no secret Quinn and MS Fergy didn't get along. Someone was going to go.

Clark probably doesn't care about Quinn in TO, but COULD just be playing the loyalty card to try to save his own butt next week while his team is golfing.

Quinn may very well end up in Vancouver.

Clarke's dropping f-bombs Hitchcock-style about poor old Pat Quinn being fired. Both of these teams are built on old, big, slow veterans that play a hook 'em, hold 'em style of hockey. The Leafs are golfing, the Flyers should be joining them soon. When are these "idiots" going to realize that the game has changed and adapt their teams. I think Toronto has a good group of young kids in Stajan, Wellwood, Colaiacovo, Kaberle, and Steen. I know they have some goalie prospects in the pipeline, like Pogge. This is what the core of that team should be. As for Philly's future core, other than Gagne...

I can't help laughing at the fact that on the first day or two of FA, the Flyers picked up three old, slow 6'4'' D-man (Hatcher, Rathje, Therrien). That was great planning.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=163915&hubName=nhl

amazing how some things never change! even in the "old" NHL those signings were so overrated!

i definitely agree with you about the Leafs - they have some good young players up there so the buffalo/toronto rivalry should get even better in the next few years! Oh, and you forgot that guy POLE! I mean, Pohl......

Quinn will not be going to Vancity.

The Canucks will hire a younger, more progressive coach who will be more in tune with today's game.

Nonis doesn't need a former GM to be his coach. If the Canucks stumble again, Nonis would be slitting his own throat and basically handing over the GM job to Quinn, were he to be hired.

Look for the nucks to hire Don Hay, or Marc Habscheid. Possibly Alain Vigneault.

Archived