Esche to start in goal again

haseoke

haha, for whoever it was who said if Esche plays another minute, the series is over, congrats! the series is over! AP reports that Esche will start against tomorrow, its on the front page under "embarassed flyers regroup" or something like that. Apparently Hitch thinks he can turn it around, mebbe he's better in front of a home crowd. If I were Niittyamaki I'd be downright insulted right now.

j

apparently, umburger might be cleared to play tomorrow by a doctor (fat chance), and hitch won't comment on primeau being ready for friday (that's playuoff coach speak for "primeau might play in october")

Doesn't the league have a rule that you have to sit 1 full week after having been declared symptom-free when a player gets a concussion?

Doesn't the league have a rule that you have to sit 1 full week after having been declared symptom-free when a player gets a concussion?

yes, this is why he won't play... not to mention the undisclosed broken jaw, cracked ribs, dislocated shoulder, and bruised liver. Remember yzerman a few years ago who had a "lower body injury"? The day after they were eliminated, he had his knee reconstructed. This is partially why i want this series to end as quickly as possible, so the truth to Umberger's injuries come out. It truly is unfortunate for RJ, as he was just a victim of circumstance. He scored 20 goals this season, but a hit like that can end careers just on the psychology alone, not to mention physical injury.

haha, for whoever it was who said if Esche plays another minute, the series is over, congrats! the series is over! AP reports that Esche will start against tomorrow, its on the front page under "embarassed flyers regroup" or something like that. Apparently Hitch thinks he can turn it around, mebbe he's better in front of a home crowd. If I were Niittyamaki I'd be downright insulted right now.

j

I love it. The guy played maybe the game of his career on Saturday, and STILL LOST. If that doesn't get in your head, I don't know what will.

If the Sabres can some how get to him early again tomorrow night, this series really is over...

Archived