What if the Kane Bogosian + for Myers Stafford + Trade DIDN'T Happen?

Taro T

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Lemieux - rumor was his father wanted him out of Buffalo.  Tough beans for him would be my response.  

Armia?   I don’t have a crystal ball.  We had Eichel and ROR as centers, not to bad.  He is pretty good player today.  Better than several on our team.  

We gave up too much for the oft injured Bogo (which was a known problem in Winnipeg) and the troublesome Kane ( which a known problem in Winnipeg). 

Despite Kane’s goal scoring and toughness we basically took Winnipeg’s trash. I liked Myers, Stafford (meh), Armia, and Roslovic (the draft pick) better than Bogo and Kane.  

There were several Murray trades that didn’t give up much in the “grand scheme”, then you sum them up all up and look at the returns and it’s clear he gutted too deep and gave up too much - his grand scheme was a fast rebuild and he failed.  He put us in a huge hole.   

This thread is not my passion.  I didn’t start it.  I tried to like that trade at the time, but looking back it was a rookie GM trading for skill and ignoring some important factors about the players he brought it.  Something he did consistently.   

We didn't have ROR as a center when we traded Armia. Heck, we didn't have Eichel and may not have. You also just argued against ROR coming here, too ... so there's a bit of playing both sides going on here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.