How long do you predict you will wait before deciding if Granato is a good or bad coach?

PASabreFan

How long do you predict you will wait before deciding if Granato is a good or bad coach?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you predict you will wait before deciding if Granato is a good or bad coach?

• One game
    • 20 games
    • 41 games
    • 82 games
    • 82 games+

He'd have to be an extreme one way or another for me to personally identify him as a major factor relative to the other pieces responsible for determining our performance. Most likely he's beholden to the roster KA gives him - you could tell Krueger was actively making things worse, I really doubt Granato has that extreme of an affect for good, or ill. Guess we shall see. 

- - - 

On a related note, the "fans sure turn on the hires quick har har" meme is funny and all, truly, but it would probably be a little funnier if the fans didn't always end up being, you know, right. 

44 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I suppose for me it comes down to if they have dealt with the goaltending or not. If they have NHL quality goaltending and this team is still failing miserably ...

For me that could still come down to the rest of the roster. We already weren’t a good team, and if we deal our 2 best forwards (one of which was playing 1C during Granato’s best stretch) and bring back primarily futures, even goaltending upgrades (over Ullmark - not easy, over Hutton - base level competence) wouldn’t IMO be enough to offset those on-ice losses, which even then would only get us back to status quo (depending on how KA tackles things apart from those 2 deals). Maybe we get outplayed but keep the score close. 

It looked apparent that the roster was actively not achieving the sum of its parts under Krueger - would have to see something like that to put the blame on Granato. 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

For me that could still come down to the rest of the roster. We already weren’t a good team, and if we deal our 2 best forwards (one of which was playing 1C during Granato’s best stretch) and bring back primarily futures, even goaltending upgrades (over Ullmark - not easy, over Hutton - base level competence) wouldn’t IMO be enough to offset those on-ice losses, which even then would only get us back to status quo (depending on how KA tackles things apart from those 2 deals). Maybe we get outplayed but keep the score close. 

It looked apparent that the roster was actively not achieving the sum of its parts under Krueger - would have to see something like that to put the blame on Granato. 

Yeah I agree. Definitely more complex than just goaltending. I do like how he put his trust in the kids and put them in positions to succeed and to grow. Add to that some vet leadership and who knows. I think Don is a coach in every sense of the word. Ralph, not so much.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.