Best bars to watch games at...?

wudden

It's not locally owned, and is sort of a cheesy corporate sponsor of WGR, but my friends and I went to Dave & Busters for the Ottawa game we won in OT (Max to Briere) and it actually was a pretty good time. Decent vibe. Drinks weren't too pricey.

At the same time, it didn't have a great "hockey bar" feel to it, where everyone in the joint was only worried about the Sabres game.

I've also been at the Buffalo Brew Pub, on the corner of Main and Transit? on a game night. The place makes it's own micro-brew (a plus) has great food (another plus) and free refills on popcorn and in-shell peanuts (two more plusses). The bar area had 3-4 flat screen TV's to watch the game on, while in the adjoining dining room there was a giant 60inch projection TV, which it seemed most people were watching. As long as you're buying drinks, they don't mind you staying to watch the game.

Good question though about the bars...I'm wondering the same thing. I've been out of town at college the last 4 years, and since I turned 21, the Sabres have yet to make it to the playoffs. I'm looking forward to this.

Haha, thanks PA...I did that about a week ago...good eyes though, you're the first to point it out.

Question Topshelf.

Why are the cookies behind the Sabres goalie? Shouldn't they be behind some sieve by the name of Esche, or Niittimaki, or Lundquist, or ... (well you get the idea)?

Archived