Rest in Peace, Atlanta

haseoke

Serious of a third period lets Atlanta get eliminated against Washington. Now we know Ottawa and Carolina will be playing Montreal and Tampa, but not sure who plays who. Personally, I think both top seeds have a very good chance of being knocked out. Carolina hasn't been playing great hocket down the stretch (I never thought they were really quite that good, call me an idiot), and Ottawa is Ottawa, especially sans Hasek. And if New York were to get the third seed and end up playing Jersey, we'd have the potential for one of the rarest things in the playoffs: three division winners falling in the first round. Tampa is still the defending champs, and Montreal had some great sucess in the late season. My lips are licked for tomorrow night's final seedings.

Well, it looks like the Thrashers will have to wait until next year for Don Waddell's playoff "guarantee" to possibly come true.

They were up 4-3 and ended up losing 6-4 to a team that will miss the playoffs by about 24 points (give or take 2).

It's weird, prior to Waddell bad mouthing Darcy and dissing Ryan, I actually liked the Thrashers because they have a very exciting team. But now, I am glad that they didn't make it. Too bad, so sad Don.

So now all 16 actors are known, it's just a question of what roles they end up in. We'll know that tomorrow night.

1. Blow a third-period lead to the Crapitals with your season on the line, and you don't deserve playoffs.

2. I like seeing Canadian teams in the playoffs (even though I'm still pissed at the Leaves), so I'm happy to see Montreal in there.

3. Screw Waddell. I hope he makes a play for Roenick in the offseason.

Archived