50th anniversary of Buffalo's last hockey title

PromoTheRobot

On May 13, 1970, the Buffalo Bisons swept the Springfield Kings 4-0 to win the AHL Calder Cup in their final year in the league, before the gave way to the NHL expansion Sabres. Goaltender Giles Villamure was named league MVP. Center Guy Trottier scored (I think) a record 55 goals that season.

My hockey fandom began with that Bisons team and I've always hoped the Sabres would pick a day to honor that victory.

So with all the talk of switching back to the original royal blue in the 50th anniversary season, why not pick one day to wear the red Pepsi cap jerseys and bring back the surviving Bison players? I'd hate to think that a concession deal with Coca Cola would prevent that from happening.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On May 13, 1970, the Buffalo Bisons swept the Springfield Kings 4-0 to win the AHL Calder Cup in their final year in the league, before the gave way to the NHL expansion Sabres. Goaltender Giles Villamure was named league MVP. Center Guy Trottier scored (I think) a record 55 goals that season.

My hockey fandom began with that Bisons team and I've always hoped the Sabres would pick a day to honor that victory.

So with all the talk of switching back to the original royal blue in the 50th anniversary season, why not pick one day to wear the red Pepsi cap jerseys and bring back the surviving Bison players? I'd hate to think that a concession deal with Coca Cola would prevent that from happening.

Sadly, it would.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.