Reinhart, does he fit JBots mold?

sweetlou

I sense that Sam was frustrated by how he was being used by Bylsma. I don't think you bail on a top 2 pick without at least allowing your own coach to work with him and see if he fits his system.

If a year or two from now you see no progress then I would sense you'd see the Sabres try to move him.

But he did have success on a line with Eichel and that's rare for 20 year olds.

I believe the Sabres will see what they have this season before trying to trade him.

42pts, 0.53ppg - 2016

47pts, 0.59ppg - 2017

That's about an 11% improvement in production. So let's assume a new coach and his 3rd year increases production by about 15% (slight increase compared to 1 to 2). So theoretically this season he should have 54 points (yes I predicted 60 so I will stick with that). I would argue that due to the coaching change and typically the junior year jump... going from .59 to .76ppg would represent a 23% jump in production roughly. This may be outside of Sam's ability. I think a 15% jump is probably within +/- 3% so 12-18% increase in production isn't crazy. 23% is unlikely. Time will tell. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.