Looking At The Standings

CallawaySabres

If they don't, Montreal still has a chance to knock off Ottawa in the first round. When interviewing an anonymous player from Ottawa, the question was who do you think the most dangerous underdog would be? Answer was New Jersey so they obviously have it in the backs of their heads that they do not want to face them in round 1.

Marty Brodeur vs. Ray Emery (forget about Hasek)

I like the Devils chances.

I don't know if the Devils have the firepower to take Ottawa in a 7 game series. Yes Brodeur is better than Emery, but if the Sens can score first, I don't think NJ can catch up. If the Devils are forced to open their game up, I really don't see them keeping up with the Sens.

While Brodeur worries me, because he's Brodeur, and because he has a lot of playoff experience...he's been very inconsistent this year.

Good points in this thread guys.

I think my immediate reaction is I hope NJ finishes 7th or 8th and gets the opportunity to face CAR or OTT, simply because those are the two teams that worry me the most as a Sabre fan.

While the NYR would absolutely be a tough series, the Sabres match up so much better against them. Let NJ make our road to the Cup a little easier.

Hopeleslyobvious...nice point about NJ's lack of firepower. A series between NJ/OTT might be one of those series where the team to score first ends up winning all 4 games.

Archived