Good Goalie = low scoring

Koomkie

Second attempt at starting a topic.

Someone mentioned in the GDT that lehner Said, when practicing shootout attempts in practice, he was actually quite good. The poster also said it was because the players practicing on him are shite.

So my question:

Does a team with solid goaltending typically have a less gpg average?

I think back to the years of hasek and how we would always win 1-0 and sometimes 2-1.

We seem to have the same issues now and I wonder if it may be from shooting against two good goaltenders In practice.

Would it be better to have the players practice with stand in goalies that are crap so they can build confidence?

Also, would it help our goalies to practice against weaker players to build their confidence?

I purpose the amerkz and sabres practice together, just switch goaltending.

Excuse the typing....drunk and on a crappy phone.

I think our shooters are fine. I think they aren't getting to the high percentage shooting areas during games.

No we shouldn't bring up an AHL goalie to shoot on

That and they need to be reminded you don't get extra points (goals) for hitting a post. Sabres hit a post 4 times last night? Moulson and Reinhart each had a can't miss.... There was a lot of net to hit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.