Kotalik

BuffalOhio

Here's a quote from the Buffalo News:

"Fast fact: LW Ales Kotalik has zero goals in his past 10 games."

Gee whiz, why is that? Could it be because he's on a line with Drury and Grier? Drury isn't a playmaking center, which doesn't play to Kotalik's particular skill.

They're not taking advantage of this guy's shooting at all by putting him on a checking line. He needs to be fed the puck a lot for his great one-timer. Connolly's just the guy to do it. They need to get Ales going, and putting him on a grinding line ain't the way to do it. No wonder he hasn't scored in 10 games!

I'll give him credit, however, because he has really been hustling, very much unlike Thomas Vanek, who seems to loaf a lot and has a lot to learn.

I'll give him credit, however, because he has really been hustling, very much unlike Thomas Vanek, who seems to loaf a lot and has a lot to learn.

Not to mention the fact that he's only a fraction faster than Grier.

I was pretty shocked to find out just how slow Vanek actually was. Either that, or he only puts on the jets in games I don't get to watch.

didn't they take him off the PP point in favour of Pominville and campbell... not sure that move was that smart either... i haven't seen recent games so i don't know if its still like this but Kotalik was dynamite on the powerplay point... until he was forced to play defense that is.

Not to mention the fact that he's only a fraction faster than Grier.

I was pretty shocked to find out just how slow Vanek actually was. Either that, or he only puts on the jets in games I don't get to watch.

I don't think Vanek is as slow as is perceived. He is a big skater with a long stride which makes him appear to be slower than he really is.

PS This is when he is not floating. ;)

Archived