What Is Jamie McGinn Worth?

bob_sauve28

• 3 months later...

And he knows someone else will pay him $5 million for sure 

I will be amazed if someone does this.

Just curious if anyones opinions have changed on McGinns next contract. Silly season is near, McGinns next contract you should fear.

I'm pretty sure Bob Sauve is going to be in line with what he ends up taking. Funny how back at the time a lot of people were clamoring to just keep him and re sign him. But Tom Webster below has summed him up perfectly. And yet some GM will do 5.

First, McGinn isn't having one of those career"contract" years. He has been this pretty consistently.

Second, he is part of that shrinking middle class. Trans are paying their core and filling roster with kids and veterans on short term deals. He is a $3.5x3 guy and if you can acquire an asset for him you take it unless he's willing to sign for even less.

Third, if you can get him back, great, but it isn't paramount to the success of the process.

still wouldn't pay him more than 3.5 x 4.   Would love to have him back but in the end he would become a bottom 6 player that you can move around with.

Fair enough. But what do you think he ends up going for? I'm guessing more than a like say Drewwwww Stafford and his 4.3+ for less roughly the same production but undoubtedly far less good for the team. If I'm his agent and use that as a comparison, I'm asking for 5 mil and term.

Fair enough. But what do you think he ends up going for? I'm guessing more than a like say Drewwwww Stafford and his 4.3+ for less roughly the same production but undoubtedly far less good for the team. If I'm his agent and use that as a comparison, I'm asking for 5 mil and term.

I can a team like the Islanders, for instance, wanting him to add scoring and throwing $5 mill at him 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.