How is this year remembered

GGM

As a damn good one, a miracle year.

So a 4th place finish in the conference and a first round exit is what would qualify as a miracle year for you? It HAS been a dry stretch for Buffalo teams, hasn't it?

Polish I appriciate your fandom, and I don't think anyone has given up on this team, but your comments to rickshaw in the other thread are pretty insulting. You insinuate that he isn't a real fan (like you, presumably) because he asks a very legitimate question.

There is no denying that this was looking as though it would be a miraculous year, but the way the team is playing, they'll be lucky if their post-Olymipic break record is above .500. If they were also to go out in round 1 of the playoffs, I'd say that "above average" is the best label that could be applied to the year as a whole.

Of course, I don't expect them to be knocked out in round 1. Lindy has always impressed me as a playoff coach and hopefully the team will be healthy & un-suspended heading in. However, if they were to lose in round 1 after its play following the Olympic break, it would have be seen as a tale of two seasons. One was miraculous indeed, but the other (and more important) one would have been below average.

It'd be hard for me to add those two seasons together and come up with "miraculous" to describe the total.

I'm not saying they wont go 16-0 in the playoffs, but hypothetically, how will YOU view this season if Buffalo gets knocked out by Philly?

I'd view it as a season where the Sabres came out of nowhere at the quarter mark of the season, went on the best tear in franchise history and then had a collapse of epic proportions.

I'd view it as a season where the Sabres came out of nowhere at the quarter mark of the season, went on the best tear in franchise history and then had a collapse of epic proportions.

That's pretty much where I'd come down on it, too. Although I should have mentioned in my earlier post that I would still respect the "tear". For a team to go on a run like they did (especially if they were playing THAT much above their heads at the time) is amazing...And it sure was fun.

Here's to more fun on the horizon.

So a 4th place finish in the conference and a first round exit is what would qualify as a miracle year for you? It HAS been a dry stretch for Buffalo teams, hasn't it?

Look at our team, look what everyone said before the season. A 4th place finish with a bunch of no namers is huge IMO.

Archived