Charts: Attendance Edition

FLYNNSanity

I normally trust hockeydb, but in the immortal words of Bubbles, somethin's y here.  First, it makes little sense that the spike would come after Briere and Drury left town.  Second, the numbers don't make sense--the arena doesn't fit that many people and there is no standing room.  Third, your graph indicates 20,500 for that year but the data indicates 19,950 (and again there isn't enough room).

I normally trust hockeydb, but in the immortal words of Bubbles, somethin's ######y here.  First, it makes little sense that the spike would come after Briere and Drury left town.  Second, the numbers don't make sense--the arena doesn't fit that many people and there is no standing room.  Third, your graph indicates 20,500 for that year but the data indicates 19,950 (and again there isn't enough room).

My data is in correctly, it's just the look of the graph. The bar appears to be touching 20,000 but if you were able to zoom it you would see it's roughly 19,950.

I have always trusted HockeyDB and there info has always been correct to my knowledge. I will have to do some digging to find out how that attendance was allegedly so high that year.

According to ESPN:

2007-08 Attendance Home Road Overall

RK TEAM GMS TOTAL AVG PCT GMS AVG PCT GMS AVG PCT

2 Buffalo 41 817,956 19,950 109.4 41 17,608 94.9 82 18,779 102.1

Edited by FLYNNSanity

My data is in correctly, it's just the look of the graph. The bar appears to be touching 20,000 but if you were able to zoom it you would see it's roughly 19,950.

I have always trusted HockeyDB and there info has always been correct to my knowledge. I will have to do some digging to find out how that attendance was allegedly so high that year.

It appears to be touching 20,500 and not 20,000, though.

EDIT:  Wait--the line for 20,000, is it above the text 20,000?  Then that would make sense.

Edited by Eleven

Thanks Flynn.

These are tickets sold. Not attendance.

Love to know actual attendance.

Me too. Posting the attendance in the box scores is useless because so many people buy season tickets solely out of convenience. Then they try to sell them on Stubhub if they aren't going to go. Most arenas are at 70-90% season tickets so attendance numbers are useless without showing how many people actually showed up. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.