2015 IIHF Championship Prague May 1-17

Brawndo

Who's more likely to make the 2018 Canada Olympic Roster - Ennis or Evander Kane? I'm hoping it's a legitimate question.

Neither imo as I don't believe the NHL is going to let the players go next time.

That may be true but that would be a horrible decision by the NHL.

World Cup of Hockey is returning. So many hockey tournaments that more and more guys are going to struggle due to injuries and exhaustion. Can't get to them all.

I would prefer that NHL players only attend the World Cup of Hockey and the Olympics. No NHL players allowed at any junior tournaments (any player under the age requirement that has played absolutely zero NHL games is eligible).

World Cup of Hockey is returning. So many hockey tournaments that more and more guys are going to struggle due to injuries and exhaustion. Can't get to them all.

I would prefer that NHL players only attend the World Cup of Hockey and the Olympics. No NHL players allowed at any junior tournaments (any player under the age requirement that has played absolutely zero NHL games is eligible).

I'm not sure if there is any fan who doesn't want the NHL players at the Olympics, even with the World Cup. We might love the World Cup from a hockey sense, but only the diehards are going to care, even if the games are going to be on ESPN this time. The Olympics put some NHL players on a national stage. Everyone knew who T.J. Oshie was after that shootout against the Russians. Does that happen if the NHL players aren't in it? Does the U.S. have a chance if a bunch of college players and guys playing in Europe are going against the KHL All Star team? Plus lots of NHL guys are saying they'll go anyway. The NHL has to know better, right?

I'm not sure if there is any fan who doesn't want the NHL players at the Olympics, even with the World Cup. We might love the World Cup from a hockey sense, but only the diehards are going to care, even if the games are going to be on ESPN this time. The Olympics put some NHL players on a national stage. Everyone knew who T.J. Oshie was after that shootout against the Russians. Does that happen if the NHL players aren't in it? Does the U.S. have a chance if a bunch of college players and guys playing in Europe are going against the KHL All Star team? Plus lots of NHL guys are saying they'll go anyway. The NHL has to know better, right?

The NHL is a national stage. The World Cup of Hockey is an international stage. The Olympics is also an international stage, but it'll be interesting to see if NHL players return. Would also be interesting to see if other professional leagues get to send their players if NHL players don't go.

The NHL is a national stage. The World Cup of Hockey is an international stage. The Olympics is also an international stage, but it'll be interesting to see if NHL players return. Would also be interesting to see if other professional leagues get to send their players if NHL players don't go.

I think the World Cup is NHL only. Also, in 2016, McDavid and Eichel will be on the "Young Stars" team together. Reinhart too, hopefully. Risto?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.