Connolly

BuffalOhio

Connolly is so shifty with the puck. He played a great game tonight. What a great passer he is.

Maybe he's the reason they haven't been winning lately. Having him out there really changes the dynamic of the power play, and adds one more highly-skilled forward to the mix. It also sends Pyatt to the press box.

Glad he's back.

Now if we could just get Kotalik going. Having him on a line with Drury and Grier can't be doing anything for his numbers.

Let's see how much better we look when the smooth-skating German returns. Watch out NHL, here we come!

Connolly is so shifty with the puck. He played a great game tonight. What a great passer he is.

Maybe he's the reason they haven't been winning lately. Having him out there really changes the dynamic of the power play, and adds one more highly-skilled forward to the mix. It also sends Pyatt to the press box.

Glad he's back.

Now if we could just get Kotalik going. Having him on a line with Drury and Grier can't be doing anything for his numbers.

Let's see how much better we look when the smooth-skating German returns. Watch out NHL, here we come!

Connolly definetely had a great game, and the move he made on Drury's PP goal was insane. BUT, tonight's game was far from perfect. The defense continued to be pretty sloppy infront of Miller. Two points is two points no matter how you look at it though. Big win tonight.

Can't wait for Hecht to be back in the lineup.

My belief that a major contributor to our losing streak was the loss of Hecht on the Briere line. They tried Pyatt and a few others up there but that line just did not gel well. Connolly stepped in and made it work very well. When our top line is blazing, we can't be stopped.

I'm not sure what has happened to Connolly. Before he hurt his knee I wasn't his biggest fan. Yes he was putting up the points, but I couldn't get past the constant "Hey, watch me try to stickhandle and give the puck away" several times a game. Since he's come back though, he's a changed man. It's seems like almost everything he does works now. The behind the back, through the legs passes hit their target. He stickhandles around a guy and still has the puck. Keep up the good work Timbo!

I'm not sure what has happened to Connolly. Before he hurt his knee I wasn't his biggest fan. Yes he was putting up the points, but I couldn't get past the constant "Hey, watch me try to stickhandle and give the puck away" several times a game. Since he's come back though, he's a changed man. It's seems like almost everything he does works now. The behind the back, through the legs passes hit their target. He stickhandles around a guy and still has the puck. Keep up the good work Timbo!

The way you felt about Timmy is how i feel about Vanek. All the flash, but using it at the wrong times and coughing the puck up.

The way you felt about Timmy is how i feel about Vanek. All the flash, but using it at the wrong times and coughing the puck up.

I have to agree with you, and don't get me wrong, I like Vanek. The problem I have is for every highlight reel play he makes, he makes about 10 bad passes and sometimes he doesn't seem to be skating that hard. I think that may be why Lindy benched him for a period here and there. That being said, I think we do need to remember that he is still a rookie. He'll learn with time and I can't wait to see how good he will be with a couple of seasons under his belt. Connolly definitely didn't look that good early in his career.

I have to agree with you, and don't get me wrong, I like Vanek. The problem I have is for every highlight reel play he makes, he makes about 10 bad passes and sometimes he doesn't seem to be skating that hard. I think that may be why Lindy benched him for a period here and there. That being said, I think we do need to remember that he is still a rookie. He'll learn with time and I can't wait to see how good he will be with a couple of seasons under his belt. Connolly definitely didn't look that good early in his career.

Youre right. But it almost looks as if he could have 40 rather than 24 right now if he applied himself. Hopefully it is him just being young. And, yes, Connolly bore no resemblance to Vanek in his rookie year.

Archived