Niagara Gazette Article

mrjsbu96

First, who even knew that paper was still published! I was shocked to click on that link this morning!

But more importantly, that is a great piece of reading material. Honestly, think about how far this organization has come in just 5 years. It is absolutely amazing! I still remember to this day cutting short a Florida vacation to come back to Buffalo for the last game of the season (I live in NJ and was on vacation) to see the Sabres play the Devils.

And as much as most people do not like Gary Bettman and he has made a lot of questionable moves, you do have to agree with Quinn when he gives credit to Bettman for standing with the Sabres while they got things straightened out. Especially the way overexpansion has been his achille's heel. The economics, etc shouted that the team should be moved to a different market.

Sabre fans should pat themselves on the back. Takeing nothing away from all the work the Sabres have done. But to go through what we have been through? And to come back this strong is a testiment to the strength of the Sabre fan. I'm not sure many fans in other cities would have come back this strong this soon. I know the record makes it's easier. But still, those numbers are realy impressive. :rolleyes:

Archived