Bulldog's Bombshell on Roy

I am Defecting

I find it funny that an alleged "take it easy" approach to the physical side of the game can be used against Roy, but the coach's actual "take it easy approach" rarely gets any flak. Hell, enforcer John Scott hadn't even arrived in town before he said what everyone around the league knows: it's not hard to come into Buffalo and play the Sabres, and there's no reason to be nervous in that building.

The Sabres are historically in or near the basement under Ruff when it comes to hits, and Ruff has said things like power plays are more important in close games than retribution and running around and hitting people serves no purpose if possession of the puck isn't gained.

What do you guys really expect out of Ruff's players? Bringing in a few pests and knuckle-draggers isn't going to change a damned thing.

Scott does immediately become my favorite Sabre, and I really hope the comments burned Ruff on the way in and the way out.

Here's your drum Sir, I've kept it warm for you! ;)

The Sabres are historically in or near the basement under Ruff when it comes to hits, and Ruff has said things like power plays are more important in close games than retribution

They are. I'll take a power play goal and a win everytime over retribution. The only exception to that is the Lucic thing and only cause that was so against hockey code that extreme violence shoulda happened to him.

and running around and hitting people serves no purpose if possession of the puck isn't gained.

I don't recall this quote but it is fairly accruate. If you don't get possession of the puck from the hit it has little impact on the game. But lets ignore the fact that Kaleta has been doing that very thing for 5 season now with Ruff coaching him

I thought that he would have some reason, other than his own homophobia about a toga party with hockey players. I thought that Roy had raped some girl behind the Buckin' Buffalo, and there was some huge coverup, and she was actually murdered when it looked like she would press charges. Apparently, though, Roy said to some guy, according to someone who told the Bulldog, that Roy said to some opponent one time "it's just a game."

"JUST A GAME!" the Bulldog now exclaims, after implying deeper matter about Roy for years, letting the innuendo flow fast and thick all over his little secret:

http://wgr550.com/Bu...-Today/13620270

I went here the other day and took crap. Roy was a small and skilled player and was forced to play with small or soft linemates. Would have liked to see him play with Ott and a skilled guy on the other side. Darcy didn't build his team that way. Now Darcy is waking up to the NHL and I like the trade for Ott. I'll always wonder how a mature Roy would fit in on Briere's line in Philly and how Briere would have done with the puss*es here. We'll never know, but linemates matter. Vanek and Stafford are 6'3" soft guys. Gerbe is a 5"4" fire plug who's heart can't match the size needed for this league. Those were frequently Roy's linemates.

And , Ray didn't tell me this while we golfed or cut the lawn on his rentals.

I don't tke any joy in seeing Derek Roy humiliated on his way out of town like this. But he made his bed and now he can lie in it. The fact is, he could have done better while he was here, and that's not even controversial.

Enjoy playing hockey in Dallas.

Exactly.

He apparently thought Regier would never trade him, which is why countless posters have been begging for a "core" member being traded in the past - To show the remaing "core" they're not untouchable.

The fact that Lindy continued to play him lots, regardless if he floated or not, didn't help either.

So I guess, when it comes right down to it, Derek Roy is only partially responsible for being Derek Roy.

I find it funny that an alleged "take it easy" approach to the physical side of the game can be used against Roy, but the coach's actual "take it easy approach" rarely gets any flak. Hell, enforcer John Scott hadn't even arrived in town before he said what everyone around the league knows: it's not hard to come into Buffalo and play the Sabres, and there's no reason to be nervous in that building.

The Sabres are historically in or near the basement under Ruff when it comes to hits, and Ruff has said things like power plays are more important in close games than retribution and running around and hitting people serves no purpose if possession of the puck isn't gained.

What do you guys really expect out of Ruff's players? Bringing in a few pests and knuckle-draggers isn't going to change a damned thing.

Scott does immediately become my favorite Sabre, and I really hope the comments burned Ruff on the way in and the way out.

It's nice to have you back.

Roy is a lazy, apathetic bum, and this is just more evidence of that. Good riddance!

Exactly.

He apparently thought Regier would never trade him, which is why countless posters have been begging for a "core" member being traded in the past - To show the remaing "core" they're not untouchable.

The fact that Lindy continued to play him lots, regardless if he floated or not, didn't help either.

So I guess, when it comes right down to it, Derek Roy is only partially responsible for being Derek Roy.

Roy was lazy, uncaring, apathetic. However, Lindy Ruff's soft style may have helped him develop those attitudes, and reinforced them. Ruff may have helped cultivate and nurture that lazy streak in Roy by his coaching and his attitude.

Archived