OT: Cyber Wars

wjag

They were hoping to delay a war with Iran until after the election, but it looks like it has to be earlier. Syria is reaching the point of no return as well, and they are connected at the hip. I think this is just a big fluff piece to ease the supporters into it. "See, we really did everything we could but we are left with no choice."

Not to say this stuff isn't really happening, but the public needs to rally around what could be a very ugly period. They have done a good job delaying both a massive war, and complete financial meltdown. The two will most likely come hand in hand in some major form.

They were hoping to delay a war with Iran until after the election, but it looks like it has to be earlier. Syria is reaching the point of no return as well, and they are connected at the hip. I think this is just a big fluff piece to ease the supporters into it. "See, we really did everything we could but we are left with no choice."

Not to say this stuff isn't really happening, but the public needs to rally around what could be a very ugly period. They have done a good job delaying both a massive war, and complete financial meltdown. The two will most likely come hand in hand in some major form.

I would like to know how they solved the air gap.... They kind of infer an insider, but don't come out and say it. This stuff has always held a fascination with me. I read too many spy novels.

I don't see them rushing in to Syria. If the images from last weekend didn't galvanize the Russians and Chinese. I'm at a loss to explain what would.

I would like to know how they solved the air gap.... They kind of infer an insider, but don't come out and say it. This stuff has always held a fascination with me. I read too many spy novels.

I don't see them rushing in to Syria. If the images from last weekend didn't galvanize the Russians and Chinese. I'm at a loss to explain what would.

Syria is proving to be quite the buffer to ease the world into the idea that a war is needed. The US doesn't want to be the first to deal with Iran, but they know they have to be involved to avoid or delay a larger world action if Israel does it alone. The fact that Syria is a Shia operation right now and Iran is in cahoots with them.....this could help get Saudi Arabia to hold their noses and allow action from their territory, even if it's Israel involved.

China and Russia are worried about the oil play. Even with all the financial sanctions taken against Iran, China and India are paying Iran for oil in gold. China needs to protect their long term growth. Russia controls a big hunk of the oil market and would like nothing better long term than the US to lose influence, and a spike in prices. I think they are hoping for something.....not too hot, not too cold. They are pinched between the Europe debt crisis and the oil play. It's getting a little scary as everything is coming together again.

I'm not so much interested by technology as I am scared by it. When things get so complex and interwoven, one little mistake can cause disaster. We have leveraged our capabilities to the point in so many aspects that it is like a giant Jenga game. Sooner or later the wrong piece gets pulled, or the cat jumps on the table and knocks it over. I don't have a great understanding of computers and programming however, so that is probably why I don't follow the details as closely.

• 2 weeks later...

I was certainly surprised to read some of the details released in the article. Interesting to see that this is now at the epicenter of a leak investigation. Just once I'd like to see a four year term be free of an "independent" prosecutor.

Archived