Saturday's Game vs. Tampa to be shown on local NBC channel

Two or less

Both Buffalo and Rochester will be airing the game, with RJ doing play by play. Hope lots of people watch and they do this again in the future.

http://blogs.democratandchronicle.com/kevino/?p=2056

Buffalo Sabres fans who subscribe to Time Warner Cable remain out of luck when it comes to seeing their team.

Based on what the two sides are saying, there appears to be no chance for a settlement in the MSG/TWC feud.

Time Warner says it won’t pay an outrageous increase to carry MSG on its cable system nationally. MSG says it merely wants TWC to pay a fair market price, more in line with what DirecTV pays.

And so the stalemate continues. At least in chess or wrestling, when there’s a stalemate, you stop and start over. These two parties don’t appear to want to even start talking.

But there is good news for one night. WGRZ-TV in Buffalo, the NBC affiliate, worked out a deal with MSG to carry the Tampa Bay Lightning at Sabres game on Saturday. As part of the NBC family, WHEC-TV in Rochester will also carry the game.

Before the days of 24 hour dedicated sports networks this was how you got to watch the Sabres. I'm thinking that in Buffalo at least the Sabres would still draw better than most prime time crap.

It's cool.. the other benefit is that those who can pick up HD over the air will also get the game. If all games were on NBC in Rochester I would no longer have DirecTV.. the Sabres are the ONLY reason I pay for any television service. I went 18 months without it and then decided I had to have it again... just for them.

If all games were on NBC in Rochester I would no longer have DirecTV.. the Sabres are the ONLY reason I pay for any television service. I went 18 months without it and then decided I had to have it again... just for them.

Sabres are the only reason I have DirecTV. Unfortunately for me I can't quite get Buffalo or Rochester stations so I'm stuck paying for the broadcast even if they went back to OTA.

Archived