Isn't Pyatt with Briere like killing 2 birds with 1 stone

Rabbit151

Pyatt had his chance, now it's bye-bye time. Who could go better with that line? Derek Roy. It may make for a line that's too small, maybe not. Kotalik might be a better choice.

I think the Roy, Vanek, Afinogenov line needs to go. They rode momentum and youth for a long time, but lately they get dominated in the defensive zone. The inexperience really shows defensively. They are still ok when they play with great excitement and energy in the offensive zone. Max, especially, is not playing with the same energy and Vanek is making way too many turn-overs.

Try Roy with Briere and Dumont for a period at least, let's see what they do. I agree with a lot of you other folks, bring up a hungry Rochester kid for a couple of games.

Pyatt had his chance, now it's bye-bye time. Who could go better with that line? Derek Roy. It may make for a line that's too small, maybe not. Kotalik might be a better choice.

I think the Roy, Vanek, Afinogenov line needs to go. They rode momentum and youth for a long time, but lately they get dominated in the defensive zone. The inexperience really shows defensively. They are still ok when they play with great excitement and energy in the offensive zone. Max, especially, is not playing with the same energy and Vanek is making way too many turn-overs.

Try Roy with Briere and Dumont for a period at least, let's see what they do. I agree with a lot of you other folks, bring up a hungry Rochester kid for a couple of games.

I still wouldn't give up on Roy Vanek and Afinogenov...Maybe mix things up for a little while to get them playing well again, but definately go back to that combination. I agree that they can be a defensive liability at times, but they have too much of an offensive up side.

Move Pyatt to Drury/Grier line and make them the checking line. Move Kotalik to Briere/Dumont and make that a scoring line again, until Hecht comes back.

Kotalik has been battling hard and skating hard, but he's not getting the quality scoring chances that he could bury while on that line.

Pyatt's a waste of time on the line he's on now. Useless on a scoring line.

I still wouldn't give up on Roy Vanek and Afinogenov...Maybe mix things up for a little while to get them playing well again, but definately go back to that combination. I agree that they can be a defensive liability at times, but they have too much of an offensive up side.

Yes, I agree. I think the team is mentally tired after an 8 game winning streak. It's no big deal for now. They will come out of it. This is good its happening now instead of in the playoffs. Not saying we will win the cup--not saying we won't either!--but teams has slumps. It happens

2 games and its time to shoot the lines all to hell.... i say stay with whats worked for 90% of the season... the guys are down... they peaked and had a chance to overcome ottawa and didn't do it... what are they playing for now... what? 4th... its obvious whats happened... give em a chance to collect themselves.

Archived