Jim Corsi was all fired up

PASabreFan

From writer Don Brennan:

After only about the sixth time he shouted, whistled, slammed his hand on a counter or otherwise displayed his displeasure with the way things were going on the ice below, I glanced at Sabres goalie coach Jim Corsi (a Groucho Marx lookalike) in the Buffalo box behind us. "Watch the game," he spat back, pointing to the ice below. "Watch the game." We're thinking somebody should be switching to decaf for the playoffs ... Corsi's commentary turned X-rated (in at least two languages) during the third. Apparently, he didn't realize the referees four levels below couldn't hear him, but if he was trying to bother the hard-working stiffs within spraying distance who were trying to concentrate on what they were typing, he did a good job.

ill second that

I think the point is that Corsi got a little psycho during the game; writer is just trying to add color to his account of the game. It's towards the end of the article, under one of those odds-and-ends subheadings that sports columnists use when they need to fill column inches.

"Watch the game"? Is that the quote you are confused about? If so... Corsi was apparently sitting behind the writers. When one of the writers turned around to see who the loudmouth was, Corsi noticed him looking and told him to "watch the game." In other words, stop giving me the skunk eye.

Archived