Hope i'm not overstepping my bounds here

Corp000085

The sabres have 93 points, ottawa has 94 points, the red wings have 95, and the canes have 96 points. Internally, i do not advocate the sabres looking past the senators and eyeing the presidnets trophy, but externally, we sure can. The sabres play 4 games against the senators. Assuming they do their business against them, we've got the northeast division and 2nd place. All they'd have to do is keep pace with the hurricanes, who the sabres play 2 more times, including the season finale.

The sabres are back by 3 points with 4 possible points against the canes. They're a point out of first in the division with 8 points against the senators. The sabres play 6 games against these opponents and 10 other games. I'm not trying to jinx them. I do not see how someone typing on the internet can jinx a hockey team. All they have to do is keep pace in the games they they're not playing the sens or canes, go 3-2 against those teams, and guess what folks... the last game of the season could very well be for the presdents trophy.

In june, july, august, and september, i looked at that hurricanes game as an afterthought. Should i make the 1 and a half hour drive to raleigh to see my sabres play spoiler to the canes, or maybe, just maybe in my wildest dreams, clinch and 8th seed in the playoffs? Nah, it'll never happen. Never in a million years. Funny what 44 (and counting) wins will do to you...

Archived