Honest Question: Why Does Everybody Continue to Discount the Little Guys?

DumbPuck

I was listening to WGR tonight and Sully (I think it was Sully?!) was saying how if Hecht or Grier come back they would have no issue seeing Ellis sent back down and that Mancari would probably be next. He then went on to say that Boyes could (and did) work great on the Gerbe/Gaustad line in Mancari's steed. I don't remember this though. I was pretty sure that the few games where Ruff put Boyes on Gerbe's line was right around the time when Boyes AND Gerbe both stopped producing (maybe mid to late March?). Any stat freaks know the facts on whether or not that line produced?

I may be wrong, but I like the two big guys (Gaustad/Mancari) in Gerbe's line as I think they complement Gerbe's style well.

I recall the same thing as you...when Boyes moved, that line stopped producing. Keep Mancari, Goose, and Gerbil together...it works!

Sabre tested, fan approved! :thumbsup:

Who? Mancari?

Sorry guys, I went to bed on ya there. Yep, was talking about how slow Mancari is. We've got so many threads going on so I don't know if it's already been posted but I read where Griere has a decent shot at starting the series. If he does play, who sits. Probably Ellis is my guess but you know who I'd vote for.

Sorry guys, I went to bed on ya there. Yep, was talking about how slow Mancari is. We've got so many threads going on so I don't know if it's already been posted but I read where Griere has a decent shot at starting the series. If he does play, who sits. Probably Ellis is my guess but you know who I'd vote for.

Yeh, I think it's an accurate guess to say Ellis would be first. Question marks begin popping up when you start thinking about who would be next though. I personally don't know if Grier has any gas left in the tank though. I laughed a little when Ruff said in an interview a few days back "Grier still looked a little slow in practice today due to a sore knee...." I wanted to ask if he'd been playing Grier despite the sore knee all season then :nana:

Archived