proposed Schedule Format/Structure

papazoid

i would like to see the following schedule format. starting with seeing every single team in the western conference coming to HSBC Arena once a year.

Conference (opposite) 2 games (home & away) times 15 teams equal 30 games (currently 1, some 2).

Conference (same) 3 games (alt yr to yr home & away) times 10 teams equals 30 games (currently 4).

Division either 5 or 6 games each depending on an 80 (5 games) or 84 (6 game) season (currently 6).

i would like to see the following schedule format. starting with seeing every single team in the western conference coming to HSBC Arena once a year.

Conference (opposite) 2 games (home & away) times 15 teams equal 30 games (currently 1, some 2).

Conference (same) 3 games (alt yr to yr home & away) times 10 teams equals 30 games (currently 4).

Division either 5 or 6 games each depending on an 80 (5 games) or 84 (6 game) season (currently 6).

Go w/ the 80 game version. I'm fine w/ losing 1 home game each year and like seeing the WC teams come to our barn.

Go w/ the 80 game version. I'm fine w/ losing 1 home game each year and like seeing the WC teams come to our barn.

But the owners aren't ok with it. Lost revenue plus the increased cost of travel for those additional out of conference games are killers to this idea.

For the opposite conf. games; it's already set up that way, just in two seasons.

So next year Buffalo for example will be at Joe Louis.

The new scheduling has it where every team plays every other team at least once a year...

But I like the 80 game better.

Archived