Just watched Winter Classic replay-Buff vs Pitt

gpsabre

Just watched the replay of the first Winter Classic in Buffalo. After enduring the 2010 season thus far and watching the Sabres from three seasons ago, I have to say this franchise is heading in the wrong direction. This year's team is lightyears behind that Winter Classic team. For me, just watching that 3rd period clip on NBC this morning was a REAL eye opener and should be to other Sabre fans. It's easy to get "Buffaloed" (pardon the expression) by this front office- that progress is being made. AS a long time Buffalo Sabre fan and LA/St.Louis Ram fan, there are alot of parallel's to what has happened to these franchises as far as ownership/management or lack there of. Really sad to see. :(

I was surprised at how many players were in that game that are no longer on the team. Thinking back to 2006-07 or more importantly 2005-06, I wouldn't have been surprised, but I figured that 2007-08 would have been pretty close.

Basically, just Miller, Vanek, Roy, Connolly, Pommer, Hecht, Stafford and Goose (I didn't see Kaleta and he split time that season, so I don't remember if he played.) So, the top six, Miller and Goose. You could definitely argue some of those have been kept far too long and/or are being paid far too much. However, looking at the list of who left (Max, Kotalik, Ryan, Paille, Paetsch, Tallinder, Lydman, Campbell, Spacek, Kalinin), how many of them would you still want? Campbell and one of Lydman/Tallinder? The problem has definitely been more with who stayed and who wasn't added than who was let go. Now, go back a year or two, and the "who was let go" part becomes much more significant.

This year's team is lightyears behind that Winter Classic team.

That team was a underperforming bunch of pansies that DID NOT make the playoffs.....I actually think this team is tougher than that team (hard to believe I know) and will only get tougher once Foligino and Kassian are on this roster next year. I respect your opinion but I think you are WAY off

Archived