OT- Sabres @ Atlanta (Oct 29th)

Two or less

I am flying to this game the morning off. I know there is a few people on here from Atlanta, anybody want to meet up for pre-game beers? Where is the best place to go before the game and i still havn't ordered tickets, whats the best place to buy tickets? I'm thinking stubhub is the way to go but figured i'd ask if there was anyone in Atlanta who knows people who are selling their seasons seats or something.'

Also, i will arrive early, like 3ish, any recommendations on where to park so i don't pay an arm and leg but also walking distance from the arena and will keep our car safe.

Thanks in advance.

I am flying to this game the morning off. I know there is a few people on here from Atlanta, anybody want to meet up for pre-game beers? Where is the best place to go before the game and i still havn't ordered tickets, whats the best place to buy tickets? I'm thinking stubhub is the way to go but figured i'd ask if there was anyone in Atlanta who knows people who are selling their seasons seats or something.'

Also, i will arrive early, like 3ish, any recommendations on where to park so i don't pay an arm and leg but also walking distance from the arena and will keep our car safe.

Thanks in advance.

I'm in ATL too this week and just bought tickets through Ticketmaster via the Thrashers website. Some seats are discounted for AJC Mon/Wed games. I paid $30 each for 200 level on the end that sabres shoot twice. You'll have to search through the seats to find the discounts (once you're on the website you'll see what I mean). I recommend hitting up hooters at ATL underground and taking the metro to the game.

Hey.. I'm a long time Sabres fan, who's lived in Atlanta for 15 years.. (now in Boston for a short stint) Phillips Arena is connected to the CNN Center/ Omni Hotel, which has a few restaurants & bars within 100 feet of the entrance. Sometimes the Thrashers set up a little mini street hockey rink for the kids in the hotel atrium, and there are always fans hanging before game time eating& drinking. The Hudson Grille in Midtown (not near the arena) is the official Sabres bar..On a side note, I've been going to Thrashers games since they started, and can say that 100 level seats can be scalped with ease for around $40-50 per ticket if you know where to look..

Thanks in advance.

Go to STATS on Marietta street. Great rooftop deck and a stones throw from Philips. It's also connected to Max's Pizza and The Biergarten (New...haven't been yet). I would park in the deck across from Stats (connected to the Hilton GI) or in the lot across from the Embassy Suites. If you need any other info just let me know.

I wouldn't mind meeting up for a beer, but it will depend on my work schedule.

Hey.. I'm a long time Sabres fan, who's lived in Atlanta for 15 years.. (now in Boston for a short stint) Phillips Arena is connected to the CNN Center/ Omni Hotel, which has a few restaurants & bars within 100 feet of the entrance. Sometimes the Thrashers set up a little mini street hockey rink for the kids in the hotel atrium, and there are always fans hanging before game time eating& drinking. The Hudson Grille in Midtown (not near the arena) is the official Sabres bar..On a side note, I've been going to Thrashers games since they started, and can say that 100 level seats can be scalped with ease for around $40-50 per ticket if you know where to look..

There is a bar/restaurant attached to Philips Arena, Taco Mac, that is ideal for a pregame and postgame drink.

Tickets can be had fairly easily. I may even have a pair on the blue line lower level that I'll let go to a Sabres fan for $50 each. They're in the same section where the "Hi Dad" girl was sitting if you watched the game last night. Check Craigslist a few days before the game. Tickets usually start popping up then.

There's a Gorin's (food sucks ass) that has like $6.00 beers. I usually put two down before a game instead of paying Phillips' prices.

I hope it's a really good beer if $6 is cheap, even allowing for inflated Atlanta prices. A 24oz of Blue Light is $8 at the arena here; it's only Blue Light, but it's also 24 oz.

I hope it's a really good beer if $6 is cheap, even allowing for inflated Atlanta prices. A 24oz of Blue Light is $8 at the arena here; it's only Blue Light, but it's also 24 oz.

I think Gorin's serves 24oz beers...and your right, Atlanta prices are inflated. Taco Mac is great if you like beer selection, but they'll be out of the first three beers you order.

The atlanta prices suck, but its much worse IN the arena. I don't buy anything. Oh, someone asked about parking.... 101 Marietta. Big building with the V on top. Indoor and a little less than others slightly closer. 5 min walk. I used to work in that building. They do event parking, but if you get there early enough, you can just take a ticket before they start that. During event parking you pay when you go in. Normally, you pay when you go out. My point? The exit is just wide open after games as they assume you paid going in. Free! At least this was the case last season.

There's a Gorin's (food sucks ass) that has like $6.00 beers. I usually put two down before a game instead of paying Phillips' prices.

$6 beers? Gulp. Double gulp.

Buffaloaggie, thanks for the offer, i am going with 5 others though. Otherwise i def would jump on that!

Go to STATS on Marietta street. Great rooftop deck and a stones throw from Philips. It's also connected to Max's Pizza and The Biergarten (New...haven't been yet). I would park in the deck across from Stats (connected to the Hilton GI) or in the lot across from the Embassy Suites. If you need any other info just let me know.

I wouldn't mind meeting up for a beer, but it will depend on my work schedule.

After looking at their web site, I will be going there. If you want, I can PM you (or anyone in ATL) my cell phone number and if you do end up going for a beer before hand you can text me/call me. Stats looks cool and according to their web site, they have cheaper beers then $6. lol

Archived