[OT] Fantasy Hockey

thesportsbuff

Anybody into fantasy hockey, or interested in making a SabreSpace league? We could all do something like paypal $5-10 to an admin and then have a prize for the winner in the spring. Just an idea. We could have a 15 or 16 team league and set up a subforum to discuss trades and such. Even if we don't get enough for a "SabreSpace" league I'll be more than happy to invite people to my local league, we could use more teams!

Post if interested...

Make sure to get me an invite this year! :thumbsup:

Also if anyone is looking for a second league with some random people, I'll get you an invite to my local league. Last year we had 10 teams and half of them didn't play past december... so we're trying to expand so at least the 5 of us that do stay active can have fun.

EDIT: I have no idea how I missed that thread last year..

Let me take this moment to mention the best fantasy hockey league I've ever been involved in (I'm currently in 3).

The Buffalo Hockey League began in 1988. We just don't draft players and keep them. We actually bid on players to give them contracts - and there is a salary cap. The player's contracts increase every year until you decide to drop the player, and then he gets bid on next season. This is a great rule because it keeps any one player from monopolizing Ovechkin, for example. In addition to that, you are limited on the number of players you can protect from year to year.

The categories are G, A, PPP, SHP, Shots, and +/- for forwards, W, GAA, and Saves for goalies.

Each team is allowed to dress 10 forwards, 2 goalies, and 4 defensemen. Eight players are on the bench. Each week you are allowed to make changes to your roster and also pick up one player from the unclaimed pool but then you need to drop a player to keep your roster count at 17.

We have an Equalization Draft at the beginning of each season before the bidding begins. Also and Expansion Draft if new GMs join us.

I am commissioner of the league. If you are interested, let me know. The cost is $100 - which is the amount you can spend on your players. The top 3 finishers get $ prize money.

We do have openings for the upcoming season. I can send you a set of rules and the current status of our player contracts upon request.

It's much more sophisticated than most leagues and designed for the guy who truly knows and loves hockey. But like I said, the best league I've ever been in!

Make sure to get me an invite this year! :thumbsup:

Also if anyone is looking for a second league with some random people, I'll get you an invite to my local league. Last year we had 10 teams and half of them didn't play past december... so we're trying to expand so at least the 5 of us that do stay active can have fun.

EDIT: I have no idea how I missed that thread last year..

Will do Jack. We only had a couple people who quit on us last year.

Is it open already? do you know the league ID? do you need a password?

Fantasy hockey just opened on Yahoo today, so I'm sure nobody (the poster) will renew the league within a few days. Hopefully he'll read this thread and see that you and I are interested and send us invites!

Well I know nobody is doing the SabreSpace League, and I'm not trying to steal his thunder or anything, but if anybody wants to join my league as well here is the info:

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

League ID: 1864

Password: tsb

I'm in as well. Although, not liking the draft date. First Sunday of the NFL season may be tough to make.

The Buffalo Hockey League is still taking applicants. If you think you know your hockey, this is the best place to prove it.

Details are on page 1. If interested email me at bullwinkle88@verizon.net

If you love hockey, you'll love this league. Our GMs stretch from California to Philly to Texas!

I'm in as well. Although, not liking the draft date. First Sunday of the NFL season may be tough to make.

I'm open for changing it as long as it's okay with everyone else, too. I really just threw that date on there to get it set up.

The Buffalo Hockey League is still taking applicants. If you think you know your hockey, this is the best place to prove it.

Details are on page 1. If interested email me at bullwinkle88@verizon.net

If you love hockey, you'll love this league. Our GMs stretch from California to Philly to Texas!

I wish I could join this league, it sounds awesome. I just don't really have an extra $100 to sign up..

Archived