Mitchell or Sutton

OTTOnME

This topic is offered on the assumption that - at this moment* - the two gentlemen in question are still available.

If you're a GM, looking at Willie Mitchell and Andy Sutton, which one would you prefer?

I would go with the larger and more intimidating Mr. Sutton.

* noon, July 3, 2010

This topic is offered on the assumption that - at this moment* - the two gentlemen in question are still available.

If you're a GM, looking at Willie Mitchell and Andy Sutton, which one would you prefer?

* noon, July 3, 2010

The only kind of defenseman the Sabres will add is a puck moving type or no one. That said,if I had to choose it would be Sutton. I'm not sure Mitchell could even get medically cleared to play.

* noon, July 3, 2010

Of the two I'd take Sutton. Again you run into the problem that this franchise does not value toughness and agression.

Of the two I'd take Sutton. Again you run into the problem that this franchise does not value toughness and agression.

Someone - on another thread - has already indicated that Jordan Leopold would be a good person to ask about the toughness Andy Sutton provides.

Size doesn't equate to toughness.

I'll take the guy who fights Jarome Iginla nearly every time the two teams play.....Willie Mitchell hands down.

Steamroller, you're right: size does not - necessarily - equate to toughness. The name Hal Gill comes immediately to mind. However, Andy Sutton has both size and toughness. He hits - hard - and he will fight the odd time someone steps forward to avenge one of Sutton's hits.

Ever since I heard Darryl Sutter complain* that his forwards were afraid to go into Derian Hatcher's corner, I've had a greater appreciation of what a defenseman like Hatcher or Andy Sutton can provide.

* back in the playoffs of 2004, when Sutter's Flames faced Hatcher's Red Wings. It took a fight between Jerome Iginla and Hatcher to reduce Hatcher's intimidation factor.

Archived