Fourth Line

OTTOnME

While trying out the recipe for potato salad I came up with a possible fourth line for the Buffalo Sabres. Cody McCormick between Patrick Kaleta and Derek Boorgaard.

My assumption is that a line like that would enable the players on the other three lines to play with a greater sense of security than they've enjoyed in the past. Presumably, fear of retribution - delivered by one of the fourth liners - would discourage opposition tough guys from taking liberties with the Sabres' smaller non-physical players.

While trying out the recipe for potato salad I came up with a possible fourth line for the Buffalo Sabres. Cody McCormick between Patrick Kaleta and Derek Boorgaard.

My assumption is that a line like that would enable the players on the other three lines to play with a greater sense of security than they've enjoyed in the past. Presumably, fear of retribution - delivered by one of the fourth liners - would discourage opposition tough guys from taking liberties with the Sabres' smaller non-physical players.

Since I posted this exact same line in another thread at nearly the exact same time, I'll give my 2 cents. The Sabres can also intermingle the big scaries with the sausage grabbers to ensure people aren't taking liberties. Skate Boogaard or McCormick with Vanek or Connolly for a couple of shifts a game.

I'll have to check post times here but I'm feeling a little theivery here. :pirate: (not that I really care) B-)

Inkman, it was your defence of Cody McCormick - at 8:43am - which inspired my post. Thoughts of a possible fourth line began bouncing around my cranium. Let's hope that someone with influence on Darcy Regier has the same idea you and I have.

Archived