[OT] Poker question

LabattBlue

In any game where you use your best 5 cards, a flush always beats a straight. In any 3 card poker game(i.e. 3 card monte), a straight beats a flush.

My question is, in a game where it is your best 3 out of either 4 or 3 out of 5(combination of cards in your hand and on the table), does a straight still beat a flush?

In any game where you use your best 5 cards, a flush always beats a straight. In any 3 card poker game(i.e. 3 card monte), a straight beats a flush.

My question is, in a game where it is your best 3 out of either 4 or 3 out of 5(combination of cards in your hand and on the table), does a straight still beat a flush?

I've played poker for 30 years. Starting with the family 10 dollar weekly game with the aunts and uncles when I was 12 as a fill in. In 3 Card Monty a 3 card flush still beats a 3 card straight. At least it did with my old school West Side aunts and uncles.

It's pretty simple, and all based on math. Playing three cards, it is easier to get a flush than a straight. Playing five cards, it's easier to get a straight than a flush.

If you have your choice of five cards to make a three-card hand, it serves to reason that a flush is still the easier hand to achieve, and therefore a straight should beat it.

It's pretty simple, and all based on math. Playing three cards, it is easier to get a flush than a straight. Playing five cards, it's easier to get a straight than a flush.

If you have your choice of five cards to make a three-card hand, it serves to reason that a flush is still the easier hand to achieve, and therefore a straight should beat it.

My Grandmother would have kicked the crap out you ;)

Archived