Magic Numbers

eball

As of Tuesday a.m.:

6. MTL (86) -- @ NYI, @ CAR, TOR

7. BOS (85) -- BUF, CAR, @ WAS

8. PHI (84) -- @ TOR, @ NYR, NYR

---------------------------------

9. NYR (82) -- @ BUF, TOR, PHI, @ PHI

It's really still anybody's guess how this all shakes out, but I think MTL is a pretty good bet for 6th (facing three non-playoff teams).

Sabres still have a decent shot at #2 if they win out. They would pass NJ with a regulation win on Sunday, and take #2 if PIT earns 6 or fewer of their 8 possible remaining points.

Sabres now control their own destiny for #2 seed, with the Pens loss last night. Win their last three, with a regulation win in NJ on Sunday, and the #2 spot is theirs.

Also note -- the Otters are essentially locked into 5th, so barring any major first round upsets, a Buffalo-Ottawa meeting would only come in the conference finals.

Also note -- the Otters are essentially locked into 5th, so barring any major first round upsets, a Buffalo-Ottawa meeting would only come in the conference finals.

That's a big IF. Neither NJ nor Pgh are even close to untouchable (or whatever you want to call it) -- neither have been that consistent I think since the Olympics. ######, even Washington is vulnerable.

I was talking with someone last night about Stanley Cup predictions, and I had no idea who might come out of the East. Should be a good playoffs :beer:

Archived