Sekera?

deluca67

Biggest notable difference to me was his physical play. His first couple of games back with us he was also physical, but it quickly went away.

I'd be crushed to find out our lack of physical play was in any way related to Ruff's gameplan. One has to wonder, though....

Biggest notable difference to me was his physical play. His first couple of games back with us he was also physical, but it quickly went away.

I'd be crushed to find out our lack of physical play was in any way related to Ruff's gameplan. One has to wonder, though....

As I stated in this Olympic thread, he was playing a lot more physical before the Olypics after being benched.

Has anyone mention how Sekera was floundering around here with the Sabres? Goes to the Olympic Team under a different coach and plays lights out? How could spending a couple of weeks with a different head coach make that much of a difference?

Confidence maybe? He went to the Olympic games and played big minutes against top units. He played very well against Jaromir Jagr i think their first game of the first round, and he kept it going. He came back believing he can play against anybody and Ruff now trusts that yes he can.

As I stated in this Olympic thread, he was playing a lot more physical before the Olypics after being benched.

So you did. I don't recall him stepping up his physical play before the Olympics, but I'll believe you before I rely on my memory for sure!

I know he's been turning the puck over somewhat, I wonder if that scares him into not wanting to take the body more. I like his game alot, but when he plays with an edge, he's certainly more effective. I guess that could be said for anyone though...

Seems like most of our guys are capable of playing that style. ######, I know I've seen Connolly mix it up a couple of times. Not sure why these guys are so reluctant to play a more physical game, assuming it's not Ruff coaching them otherwise.

Confidence maybe? He went to the Olympic games and played big minutes against top units. He played very well against Jaromir Jagr i think their first game of the first round, and he kept it going. He came back believing he can play against anybody and Ruff now trusts that yes he can.

Good call.

Archived