Pyatt Question

GrimFandango

After Pyatt came back from his injury, he was playing like a man possessed. I was not one of the people who was always down on this kid, but i was open to seeing him moved. Following those games that i listened to, where i heard RJ and JL compliment his play and where he seemed to be battling often, i was hoping he would be a mainstay with this team. However, i have not been able to watch or listen to much of the past four games. Has his play stayed at the level it was right before the break or has he regressed to the player he was before his injury (save for his hattrick game)? Is moving him a good idea, etc.?

Last I heard, he will be one of the players going back to Rochester when Kalinin and/or Connoly comes back.

Pyatt has been in the league too long. The only players that can be sent down to Rochester on the current roster without being waived is Vanek, Miller and Roy. Also, because there is no roster limit anymore, there is no reason to send any players down to make room for Kalinin and Connolly.

Pyatt has been in the league too long. The only players that can be sent down to Rochester on the current roster without being waived is Vanek, Miller and Roy. Also, because there is no roster limit anymore, there is no reason to send any players down to make room for Kalinin and Connolly.

Just for the sake of argument, let's say that there still is a roster limit. I'm not sure if Kalinen is on IR or not, but it really doesn't matter. If he is, no one was brought up to replace him. If not, he's already on the active roster. Only one player would need to be moved for Connolly and there is no way at this point that they would move anyone other than Peters.

Kalinin and Connolly are ready to play. They were healthy scratches the other night.

I don't believe that they were. It was my understanding that they were cleared to skate, not cleared to play. Both Yahoo and TSN show them still on the IR list. If you are correct, then my understanding of the timing of the removal of the 23 man roster limit is incorrect; as I thought it occurred today (the trade deadline, which is when it occurred under the old CBA) not 2 days prior.

If you are correct, and they were healthy scratches, then Buffalo has 25 men on its active roster.

You are right Dave...

See here, http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20052006/RO020914.HTM

There are only two scratches implying there are only 22 men on the roster at the time... No Adam Mair, Connolly, or Kalinin.

I originally heard that the roster limit went away at the trade deadline a few weeks ago, but then heard a few things this week including on tsn and maybe in a buffalo news article that under the new CBA, the roster limit could be exceeded on Wednesday at 12:01am... which was why there was no activity on tuesday, etc.

Archived