NHL Not Suspending MacArthur

end the curse

Macarthur will not be suspended by the NHL for the hit on Liam Reddox last night. This really doesn't come as a surprise to me, as he realistically deserved nothing more than a 2 minute penalty for boarding.

On the play, Reddox was racing to the wall with MacArthur for the loose puck when at the last second leaned forward and twisted his back to try and angle Clarke out of the way. Mac pushed through Reddox to get to the puck, as he should, and Raddux went barreling into the boards head first. A product of his own recklessness, really, and hopefully he learned his lesson.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2009/11/macarthur-hit-worthy-of-discipline.html

I think a 1-3 game suspension would have been appropriate.

Here is my theory:

I blame the whole thing on Roby. He went to Mac during the second intermission and told him he was going to talk about intent and needed an example. He asked Kaleta first but realized Bandicoot wouldn't be on the ice in a tight third period. He then went to Vanek, but Vanek told him he was planning some long stints in the box. So he then went to Mac and explained he could help both Vanek and Roby out of if he hit someone into the boards. Roby would look like a genius and Vanek could get his third period rest. Roby promised to take Mac to Ted's and pay cash so no one would know of the transation.

I think a 1-3 game suspension would have been appropriate.

Here is my theory:

I blame the whole thing on Roby. He went to Mac during the second intermission and told him he was going to talk about intent and needed an example. He asked Kaleta first but realized Bandicoot wouldn't be on the ice in a tight third period. He then went to Vanek, but Vanek told him he was planning some long stints in the box. So he then went to Mac and explained he could help both Vanek and Roby out of if he hit someone into the boards. Roby would look like a genius and Vanek could get his third period rest. Roby promised to take Mac to Ted's and pay cash so no one would know of the transation.

Hopefully Mac got the Loganberry with his meal!

Archived