2. Vanek Roy Mcarthur

3. Hecht kennedy Grier

4. Mair goose Ellis

Defense

1 rivet butler

2 tallinder myers

3 lydman montador

Scratch: kaleta, paille, paetsch

thoughts? Vanek Connolly Roy is too much finesse on one line IMO.

You would scratch Kaleta???

Nice job earning the first roster spot on my ignore list with only 1 post.....

Thanks for stopping by, though, Clarke.

As of now, it doesn't really matter how anyone puts the lines together because LR is the only one in control. But you know, if I were smoking the KK666, I might still not put Mair on any of tonight's lines.

Forwards

1. pommer connolly stafford

2. Vanek Roy Mcarthur

3. Hecht kennedy Grier

4. Mair goose Ellis

Defense

1 rivet butler

2 tallinder myers

3 lydman montador

Scratch: kaleta, paille, paetsch

thoughts? Vanek Connolly Roy is too much finesse on one line IMO.

I like the 2nd line (it hearkens back to the RAV line), but if your reason is too much finesse on line 1, I don't see how Pominville, Connolly, Stafford fixes that. The only one of those three that plays physically is Staff and he's got a cracked melon.

I've got no problem sitting Kaleta. He's an entertaining little side show, but I'm not sure how much he really benefits the team.

You would scratch Kaleta???

Nice job earning the first roster spot on my ignore list with only 1 post.....

Thanks for stopping by, though, Clarke.

IMO Ellis and Kaleta are interchangable - both high effort hussle players who do not add much of anything in terms of offense. One should dress each night on the fourth line but not both - this team already has anemic offensive production and having two fourth lines and two second lines is not going to help (this is essentially what we have

if you have Mair and Goose centering two checking lines and Connolly and Roy centering the other two).

Who is Clarke?

IMO Ellis and Kaleta are interchangable - both high effort hussle players who do not add much of anything in terms of offense. One should dress each night on the fourth line but not both - this team already has anemic offensive production and having two fourth lines and two second lines is not going to help (this is essentially what we have

if you have Mair and Goose centering two checking lines and Connolly and Roy centering the other two).

Who is Clarke?

Just making a joke about you being Mac (as in you put yourself on the 2nd line).

I whole-heartedly disagree about kaleta. Maybe I'm just a Patty fan boy, but up until he got injured last year, he was beginning to see good time on the kill and was effective. Say what you want about his wreckless behavior (not you personally, just in general) but teams have to account for him when he's on the ice. His effort cannot be questioned. He does what he's supposed to do, and in my opinion, does it very well. I wouldn't sit him for a single game. I'm not lobbying for him to see top 6 time here, please don't get me wrong, but he's a hell of a player to have on your bottom 2 lines for what he brings each night. He's also farely young, I like his upside.

I like the 2nd line (it hearkens back to the RAV line), but if your reason is too much finesse on line 1, I don't see how Pominville, Connolly, Stafford fixes that. The only one of those three that plays physically is Staff and he's got a cracked melon.

I've got no problem sitting Kaleta. He's an entertaining little side show, but I'm not sure how much he really benefits the team.

I think this pionts to the most glaring personnel deficiency - the lack of a 20-30 goal scoring center who plays with a physical edge. I think the sabres need a player of this type to be competitve in the NHL - trying to force Goose to be this person just is not going to work. Imagine what it would be like to have Joe Thornton centering one of our scoring lines. All of our finesse centers look great with the puck but get worn down by the more physical opponents just because they have to work so much harder for everything simple due to their lack of mass.

I think this pionts to the most glaring personnel deficiency - the lack of a 20-30 goal scoring center who plays with a physical edge. I think the sabres need a player of this type to be competitve in the NHL - trying to force Goose to be this person just is not going to work. Imagine what it would be like to have Joe Thornton centering one of our scoring lines. All of our finesse centers look great with the puck but get worn down by the more physical opponents just because they have to work so much harder for everything simple due to their lack of mass.

That's why I don't mind the lines as they are now (or at least how we think they are going to be now). I may end up being wrong, but I just see Hecht filling in some of that scoring this year, if (big if) Lindy keeps him at wing.

Archived