Time Warner vs. Dish vs. Direct Tv for Sabres Games

Scotty

Kinda Curious,

I have Time Warner which has been great at getting all the Sabres games on MSG. I live in Rochester and I am curious into switching to DIsh or Direct TV due to cheaper rates, but I want to make sure I can still get the Sabres games on MSG and make sure that the home games are still in HD. If anyone has any comments or previous experiences let me know.

I've had Direct TV since January 2008 and am considering switching back to Time Warner...

I pay $102 a month for their Direct HD/DVR package 1 HD/DVR & 1 Digital Box) with HBO. That includes taxes/fees etc

Direct TV dropped VS. and the Sabres games go out when it is really cloudy/rainy/snowy...

I've had Direct TV since January 2008 and am considering switching back to Time Warner...

I pay $102 a month for their Direct HD/DVR package 1 HD/DVR & 1 Digital Box) with HBO. That includes taxes/fees etc

Direct TV dropped VS. and the Sabres games go out when it is really cloudy/rainy/snowy...

The weather issues and the fact that the dishes don't offer high-speed internet service are the two reasons I'm still with Time Warner. But lately, I've actually been happy with them. Their customer service has gone from just awful (perhaps an Adelphia hangover) to excellent, and their digital package (which I just got, and I'm actually paying a few cents less per month now) is terrific. About $95 for digital cable plus high-speed internet, but that's without HBO. You get CBC (do the dishes carry CBC?) for HNiC and playoffs, but not in high definition.

For serious football fans, though, the only option is DirectTV, I suppose.

The weather issues and the fact that the dishes don't offer high-speed internet service are the two reasons I'm still with Time Warner. But lately, I've actually been happy with them. Their customer service has gone from just awful (perhaps an Adelphia hangover) to excellent, and their digital package (which I just got, and I'm actually paying a few cents less per month now) is terrific. About $95 for digital cable plus high-speed internet, but that's without HBO. You get CBC (do the dishes carry CBC?) for HNiC and playoffs, but not in high definition.

For serious football fans, though, the only option is DirectTV, I suppose.

DTV does not carry CBC, but the NHL Network (broadcast in HD on DirecTv) has HNiC on each Saturday night.

DTV does not carry CBC, but the NHL Network (broadcast in HD on DirecTv) has HNiC on each Saturday night.

Oh, that is awesome. Glad I have NHLN as part of the new package. Come playoff time, I'm going to be happier w/ CBC, though, I'll bet.

Archived