[OT] Waiting sucks!!!!

Corp000085

So, my wife is 37 weeks pregnant. For those guys here who have never gone through "using google as your guide to the day-to-day guide to the development of your fetus" like I have, it means that she's full term, ready to go at any moment. However, this whole waiting thing sucks bad! She's due sept 25th, but technically, she could go into labor 5 minutes from now, 5 days from now, or even 5 weeks from now. Just had to vent a bit, even though its not Thursday! As for the details that fathers would understand, she's dropped a little bit, but not all the way, and she's not having any braxon hicks contractions. I'm hoping for it to happen sooner than later, preferably not during the evening hours of September 14th, for obvious reasons. Either way, to everyone at SS, if I don't log in for 2 or 3 days consecutively, you'll know that the world is greeting the newest Sabres fan.

So, my wife is 37 weeks pregnant. For those guys here who have never gone through "using google as your guide to the day-to-day guide to the development of your fetus" like I have, it means that she's full term, ready to go at any moment. However, this whole waiting thing sucks bad! She's due sept 25th, but technically, she could go into labor 5 minutes from now, 5 days from now, or even 5 weeks from now. Just had to vent a bit, even though its not Thursday! As for the details that fathers would understand, she's dropped a little bit, but not all the way, and she's not having any braxon hicks contractions. I'm hoping for it to happen sooner than later, preferably not during the evening hours of September 14th, for obvious reasons. Either way, to everyone at SS, if I don't log in for 2 or 3 days consecutively, you'll know that the world is greeting the newest Sabres fan.

Congrats Corp. I must admit i know nothing of these terms that you speak of, but i think i remember Braxton Hicks.I know i went to some kind of birthing class with my wife with our first, and i remember it well as it was game 1 of the eastern Final with the leafs in 99, before TIVO. So i missed like the first two periods. Then wifey poo goes in labor, used nothing from that class LOL.

Good luck on all, being a dad is great..except when it isn't LOL

ah the memories... imagine what she has endured and still awaits... First ones are usually late.. The longer they cook, the better (providing they don't get too big of course)

The best days of your life about to occur... Enjoy and savor the moment..

i know the feeling, but you gotta enjoy the ride! we made a trip to the hospital 1 full week early only to be denied and sent home. but sure enough, 7 days later...

we're actually waiting on our 2nd here, but s/he is still 5+ months away and the feelings you describe are still fresh in my mind. congrats, and enjoy!

I hear ya.

At this point, you just want to be done with it already, you're anxious to see who'll be showing up.

My daughter (2nd child) was born 2 months ago, and I remember vividly how annoying the last bit of the wait was, especially since as the father it seems you can't do jack BUT wait.

I remember I just wanted to get it over with, and get a chance to get to know whoever would be "dropping by".

Hope you're a litte luckier than me though, I was woken up at 3AM both times :lol:

Archived